Thursday 22 May 2014

Poster Review

After doing all of my practising for the poster, DVD Sleeve and DVD Label and finished filming the production I began my poster for it. My first idea for the poster was:
This didn't go as very well planned, although it looked good at first, I got carried away with the lighting on the picture which ruined it but before I actually decided it was ruined I had saved the picture, then we had decided the background was too much so changed that in the final poster.

 
My final poster seen the background change happen, the image of Vera (Maddie) change, the font colour change and the credit block added.
 
The changes to the poster give it a much more effectiveness as the image of Jack never had to change as it shown his character very well. The new image of Maddie works better as it shows her in character more both images giving an affection look and also Maddie's image doesn't take up as much of the poster as it did previously. The background doesn't get as much in your face.
 
 
The DVD sleeve mainly advertised Jack as he is the star factor character of the front cover and is on every clip scene shown on the back cover. It took a lot of development as some images just didn't work. I feel as the sleeve is effective for the film as it shows the character/s and the images doesn't give a lot away about the film.
 

The DVD Label never had much detail in it as I felt like their was too much going on already with the poster and DVD sleeve. To compensate for the lack of image I made sure to keep the DVD have the colour scheme of war/army colours.

To summarise I feel as my Poster, Sleeve and DVD advertised the DVD well enough without giving anything away from the film.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment